SC Genetics Conclave
The SC Genetics Conclave was established in 1979 to increase the understanding of developing areas in genetics, to expand awareness by presenting
interesting case studies, and to promote communication among the southeastern genetics community. The GGC hosts the Conclave twice each year.
Genetic counselors, MD and PhD geneticists, primary care physicians, medical residents, genetics laboratory technologists, maternal-fetal medicine
specialists, and other interested medical professionals are invited to attend.
The 2018 SC Genetics Conclave was held on Friday, November 9th at the Greenwood Genetic Center. The topic was Birth Defects in South Carolina.
In case you missed it, the talks can be viewed here...
- The Universe of Structural Birth Defects - Steve Skinner, MD, GGC
- Prenatal Imaging - Shelley Chapman, MD, GHS
- Evaluation of the Child with Malformations - Bryan Hall, MD, GGC
- Teratogenic Causes of Birth Defects - Cynthia Moore, MD, CDC
- Cytogenetic/Cytogenomic Causes of Birth Defects - Jennifer Gass, PhD, GGC
- Molecular Causes of Birth Defects - Raymond Caylor, PhD, GGC
- Model Organisms in the Study of Birth Defects - Heather Flanagan-Steet, PhD, GGC
- Surgical and Catheter-Based Interventions for Cardiovascular Defects - Lanier Jackson, MD, MUSC
- Orthopedic Interventions for Limb Reduction Defects - David Westberry, MD, Shriners Hospital for Children
- Prevention Success for Neural Tube Defects - Godfrey Oakley, MD, Emory University
Contact Leta Tribble, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org or (864)943-4170 for more information or to be added to the mailing list
for future Conclave events.