Clinical Genetic Counselor
Katy joined the Greenwood Genetic Center in 2016. She is a graduate of the Genetic Counseling Training Program at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Katy currently provides genetic counseling services for the Columbia office. She is a member of the National Society of Genetic Counselors and is certified
by the American Board of Genetic Counseling.
Office (803) 391-3812
Fax (803) firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and Related Experience
- B.S., Biology, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA, 2006
- M.P.H., Maternal & Child Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2010
- Research Assistant, LSU Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA, 2010-14
- M.S., Genetic Counseling, University of Alabama Birmingham, 2016
- Hollenbeck D, Williams CL, Drazba K, Descartes M, Korf BR, Rutledge SL, Lose EJ, Robin NH, Carroll AJ, Mikhail FM. (2017). Clinical
relevance of small copy-number variants in chromosomal microarray clinical testing. Genetics in Medicine, 19(4), 377-385. doi: 10.1038/gim.2016.132.
- Drazba KT, Kelley MA, Hershberger PE. (2014). A Qualitative Inquiry of the Financial Concerns of Couples Opting to Use Preimplantation
Genetic Diagnosis to Prevent the Transmission of Known Genetic Disorders. Journal of Genetic Counseling, 23(2), 202-211. doi: 10.1007/s10897-013-9638-7.