Clinical Genetic Counselor
Katy joined the Greenwood Genetic Center in 2016. She is a recent graduate of the Genetic Counseling Training Program at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Katy currently provides pediatric genetic counseling services for the Florence office and is the coordinator for the Center's Fragile X syndrome clinic.
She is a member of the National Society of Genetic Counselors and is certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling.
Office (843) 664-2983
Education and Related Experience
- B.S., Biology, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA, 2006
- M.P.H., Maternal & Child Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2010
- Research Assistant, LSU Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA, 2010-14
- M.S., Genetic Counseling, University of Alabama Birmingham, 2016
- Hollenbeck D, Williams CL, Drazba K, Descartes M, Korf BR, Rutledge SL, Lose EJ, Robin NH, Carroll AJ, Mikhail FM. (2017). Clinical
relevance of small copy-number variants in chromosomal microarray clinical testing. Genetics in Medicine, 19(4), 377-385. doi: 10.1038/gim.2016.132.
- Drazba KT, Kelley MA, Hershberger PE. (2014). A Qualitative Inquiry of the Financial Concerns of Couples Opting to Use Preimplantation
Genetic Diagnosis to Prevent the Transmission of Known Genetic Disorders. Journal of Genetic Counseling, 23(2), 202-211. doi: 10.1007/s10897-013-9638-7.