Assistant Director, Cytogenetics Laboratory
Dr. Hilton joined the Greenwood Genetic Center as Assistant Director of the Cytogenetics Laboratory in 2019. Before coming to the Greenwood Genetic Center,
Dr. Hilton completed his Laboratory Genetics and Genomics fellowship training at the University of Utah, ARUP Laboratories, Salt Lake City, UT. He
is a member of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics, the American Society of Human Genetics, and the Association for Molecular Pathology.
Office: (864) 388-1068
Fax: (864) 941-8141
- B.S. (Biological Sciences) Clemson University, Clemson, SC, 2008
- Ph.D. (Biomedical Sciences) East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN, 2016
- Laboratory Genetics and Genomics Fellow – University of Utah, ARUP Laboratories, Salt Lake City, UT, 2016-2019
- Assistant Director, Cytogenetics Laboratory, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2019 - present
- Hilton BA, Liu J, Cartwright BM, Liu Y, Breitman M, Wang Y, Jones R, Tang H, Rusinol A, Musich PR, Zou Y. Progerin sequestration of
PCNA promotes replication fork collapse and mislocalization of XPA in laminopathy-related progeroid syndromes. FASEB J. 2017 Sep;31(9):3882-3893.
- Hilton B, Gopal S, Xu L, Mazumder S, Musich PR, Cho BP, Zou Y. Dissociation Dynamics of XPC-RAD23B from Damaged DNA Is a Determining
Factor of NER Efficiency. PLoS One. 2016 Jun 21;11(6):e0157784.
- Benjamin A. Hilton, Zhengke Li, Phillip R. Musich, Hui Wang, Brian M. Cartwright, Moises Serrano, Xiao Zhen Zhou, Kun Ping Lu, and
Yue Zou. ATR Plays a Direct Antiapoptotic Role at Mitochondria, which Is Regulated by Prolyl Isomerase Pin1. Mol Cell. 2015 Oct 1;60(1):35-46.
- Hilton, B., Shkriabai, N., Musich, P. R., Kvaratskhelia, M., Shell, S., & Zou, Y. A new structural insight into XPA-DNA interactions.
Biosci Rep. 2014 Dec 12;34(6):e00162.
- Tang, H., Hilton, B., Musich, P.R., Fang, D.Z., and Zou, Y. Replication factor C1, the large subunit of replication factor C, is proteolytically
truncated in Hutchinson–Gilford progeria syndrome. Aging Cell. 2012 Apr;11(2):363-5.