The Greenwood Genetic Center is your partner in caring for patients with genetic disorders or those at risk for genetic disorders. Referrals are
easy. Just complete the appropriate clinic referral form and fax it to the office nearest you (Charleston, Columbia, Florence, Greenville,
or Greenwood). Our scheduler will contact you with the earliest available appointment date.
At this time we are only accepting patients who reside within South Carolina. A referral from a healthcare provider, such as a primary care physician,
pediatrician, or other specialist is required.
Individuals are referred to us for many different reasons. Some of the most common indications are below, though we offer evaluation and counseling
throughout the life span for any concerns related to genetic health and family history.
- Couples with a concern regarding the health of their unborn baby
- Newborns with birth defects
- Children with developmental delay, intellectual disability, growth delay, or autism spectrum disorder
- Children or adults with a known or suspected genetic diagnosis
- Individuals with a family history of a known or suspected genetic condition
Following our appointment, both you and your patient will receive a consult letter including our assessment, genetic testing recommendations, and
suggestions for follow-up.